Wednesday, September 14, 2016

How to Find Dark Matter







I just came across a report on "A Newly Discovered Galaxy Composed Almost Entirely of Dark Matter" and it reminded me that I wanted to talk about this.


The previous Science News headline said "Scientist still unable to find invisible dark matter."  I loved that they couldn't find it, presumably because it's invisible.  That usually makes things hard to find.  Of course they know that dark matter must exist, because otherwise there wouldn't be enough gravity to hold our galaxy (the Milky Way) together - it would fly off in all directions.


But in the Bible, Hebrews 11:1, it says "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."  When I saw that, it struck me as being about the same thing as the dark matter theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment